Accomplished, passionate and award-winning filmmaker, advertiser, manager, account supervisor, creative consultant and writer, with experience in not only video and audio production, but print, Web 2.0, social media, corporate communications and interactive as well.
Special expertise in project and company-wide budgeting and scheduling, team building and leadership, client relations and talent direction.
Consistent record of improving quality, reducing costs and increasing productivity, as well as keeping projects on budget and on schedule. Regularly promoted and awarded increasing responsibility.
SELECTED CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
• Film, Video, Digital and Audio Production: Experienced film, video and digital producer, director, writer, editor, assistant director and location manager (23 years). Duties on over 1000 television and radio spots and campaigns, one dramatic featurette, one interactive adventure game and over 23 feature films and television specials. Extensive experience in talent direction.
• Management: Production company executive producer and post-production supervisor (6 years). First assistant director managing feature motion picture shoots (4 years).
• Marketing/Advertising/Agency: Account and creative supervisor on multi-million dollar DOD government commercial contract communicating command information to American Service members stationed overseas, with conception-to-completion responsibility for creative development, production, post-production and profitability (6 years). Devising and producing strategic and branding commercial campaigns for radio station / retail clients, resulting in improved ratings and increased revenue (3 years). External communications coordinator and media liaison for large regional law firm, writing, editing and proofing marketing materials (1.5 years).
• Writing: Motion picture and commercial treatments and scripts; press releases; website content; corporate communications, social media postings (10 years).
Additional Abilities: Social Media Marketing; Print; Contract Management; Client Relations; Non-Linear Video, Sound and Photo Editing; Teaching and Mentoring; Interactive.
AWARDS: 82 Telly Awards and one Cine Golden Eagle Award for television spots produced, executive produced, written or directed. Four festival screenings and awards and four public television airings for dramatic featurette written and directed. Numerous Gaming and Editor’s Choice Awards for interactive adventure game directed.
2010 to Present: FREELANCE CREATIVE CONSULTANT, PRODUCER, WRITER, DIRECTOR
Creative Copywriter, Film House Inc., AFRTS Client.
Producer/Writer/Director, Film House Inc., Special Projects.
Instructor, College of Mass Communications (Electronic Media), Middle Tennessee State University
2008 to 2010: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR, LAW FIRM OF BASS, BERRY & SIMS (Nashville, Tennessee). Writer / Editor of press releases, web site content, RFPs, award nominations. Devised and implemented social marketing / Web 2.0 initiatives, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Key liaison with media, national public relations firm and design vendor.
• Built 550 Twitter followers in 14 months.
• Authored 60 press releases and oversaw 75+ media exposures, doubling position output.
• Arranged for national public radio coverage of firm’s associate litigation training program.
2007 to 2008 FREELANCE CREATIVE CONSULTANT, PRODUCER, WRITER, DIRECTOR
Princeton Community Hospital Spring 2008 Television, Radio, and Print Campaign.
2002 to 2007: EXECUTIVE PRODUCER AND POST PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR FOR FILM HOUSE, INC. (Nashville, Tennessee), managing all film, video and audio production, postproduction, personnel and studio facilities for large regional production company. Leadership and mentoring for 25 full time staff positions, as well as numerous freelancers, contractors, and vendors. Reported directly to the COO. Created and maintained company-wide schedule. Allocated internal and external resources. Supervised and designed workflow.
• Supervised production and post-production of over 900 television spots and 300 radio spots.
• Reduced overall company costs by 10% while improving quality and client satisfaction.
• Devised strategies and procedures resulting in improved productivity and intra-company cooperation.
• Delivered all projects on schedule.
CREATIVE AND ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR FOR AMERICAN FORCES RADIO AND TELEVISION SERVICE (AFRTS) CLIENT. Key liaison with multi-million dollar client, communicating command information for the U. S. Department of Defense to Service Members stationed around the globe, producing on average over 200 distinct television and radio spots per year. Led pitch sessions. Wrote concepts, treatments, and scripts. Directed spots. Created budgets and administered billing. Assured compliance with federal contract. In charge of all aspects of film, video and audio production, from creative through post.
• Supervised creative development, production and post-production of over 700 television spots and over 300 radio spots.
• Successfully built creative team to satisfy large government contract, designing new procedures and navigating the intricate web of creative personalities.
• Was assigned account in part at the behest of the client, evidencing superior client relation skills.
• Was responsible for consistently positive management reviews from client.
• Spearheaded successful contract renewal effort.
2001 to 2002: STAFF FILM AND VIDEO PRODUCER / DIRECTOR FOR FILM HOUSE, INC.
Coordinated with Marketing Department and clients to devise and execute strategic and branding campaigns. Maintained relationships with clients. Oversaw creative and scripting. Supervised production and post-production. Selected and managed crew, on and off screen talent, vendors, and contractors. Wrote concepts, treatments, and scripts. Directed spots.
• Delivered all assigned projects on schedule and budget.
• Delivered consistently improved ratings and increased revenue resulting from campaigns devised for radio station clients.
1997 to 2001: FREELANCE FILM PRODUCER / DIRECTOR
Commercials, Feature, Video Game
• As Director for live-action, CG environment computer game, devised original production strategies for new technology, resulting in increased productivity, keeping production on ambitious schedule.
1985 to 1998: FREELANCE FIRST ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AND LOCATION MANAGER FOR FEATURES AND TELEVISION
Disney, Paramount, Warner Brothers, Universal, DeLaurentiis, Pathe, Morgan Creek, RHI, Republic
• Scheduled and managed set operations for five feature films, delivering each on time.
• Mentored first-time directors on each.
• Contributed to Emmy-winning mini-series.
1984 to 1985: FACULTY INSTRUCTOR, DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION AND THEATRE, UNC-GREENSBORO. Highest Departmental Student Evaluations.
EDUCATION: MA and BA (Cum Laude) in Broadcasting and Cinema from the Department of Communication and Theatre, University of North Carolina at Greensboro.